1. What was the Portuguese currency before the adoption of the Euro?
2. What's the title of the Portuguese national anthem?
3. What's the Portuguese word for 'hello'?
4. What's the name of the typical Portuguese music?
5. What is the name of Portugal's capital city in Portuguese?
6. What was the name of the Portuguese explorer who was the first to sail round the southern tip of Africa which he named the Cape of Good Hope?
7. What was the name of Portugal's last king?
8. Who set up a school at Sagres, where he gathered the finest map-makers, astronomers and navigators of the age? Magellan and Vasco da Gama were among the great explorers who studied there.
9. What disaster happened on 1 November 1755 in Lisbon? About thirty thousand people were killed then.
10. How many people speak Portuguese all over the world?
11. In how many countries all over the world is Portuguese the official language?
12. How long is The Vasco da Gama Bridge in Lisbon, the longest bridge in Europe?
13. Where did the Virgin Mary appear to children in 1917 in Portugal? The town is now a major centre of pilgrimage.
14. What geometrical shape does the map of Portugal look like?
15. Watch the video about Portugal. Which tourist attractions do you like the best?