3. The second largest city is called the "Northern capital".
4. The differences are less noticeable among younger people who seem to have almost completely embraced the western lifestyle, but the generation of people born in the second half of the 20th century still has some peculiar mix of the old attitudes and the modern western lifestyle.
5. Our popular food is “borshch” and “pelmeny’’.
6. Our people are good-natured people with certain beliefs, which may seem strange at the first sight, but quite understandable if you look a bit closer.
7. Religion has long played an important role in the culture and lives of the people of our country. It has influenced government, created holidays and given people hope for better things during the most desperate times.